New Tanganyika

steve0199us

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
Queens, New York!!!
I'm looking to set up a 150 gallon Tang tank sometime in the near future, trying to get my planning together before I get everything... Going to have sand instead of gravel... I want to make it a community Tang tank with calvus, comps, cyps, parcyps + shellies. If you guys could start all over again... What would you get/mix and how many of each in a 150?!?!

I plan on buying the fish small so they can all grow together and want to try and get my stock right the first time around...

I currently have a 150gal with 12 Mobas, love'em! :headbang2

Pls share your ideas!! :headbang2

Thanks!:drool:

blkg35

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
homeless.......
I would do cyps, ventralis, calvus/comps, julis, and some shellies. Maybe a few juvie fronts to add extra color to the tank.....:grinno:
But that tank would be perfect for a colony of Benthochromis tricoti :headbang2

JamesRiggs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2008
Huntsville,AL
blkg35;2460135; said:
I would do cyps, ventralis, calvus/comps, julis, and some shellies. Maybe a few juvie fronts to add extra color to the tank.....:grinno:
But that tank would be perfect for a colony of Benthochromis tricoti :headbang2
I second that, I would go with some black bee cyps, or some Tri color, but I would leave the fronts out and sub in some gobys or petros.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
does sound like an awesome tank, with a big group of cyps swimming over a large bed of shells with perhaps occies, and then rockwork in the other side of the tank

steve0199us

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
Queens, New York!!!
Thanks for the input people... I'm going to surf around and see how I am going to mix and match everything... Hopefully I find a tank by this weekend and have thing going by next week... It shouldn't take too long since I have my front water to cycle the tank! I will keep you updated and please feel free to keep throwing those ideas! thanks again

steve0199us

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
Queens, New York!!!
I have the new Tang tank set up!

I drove up to Atlantis, great people, set up, selection and advice over there..

I have a mix of Cyps, Leleupi, Calvus+comps, Para-cyps, Xenos, melanogeny, Occie gold and blue tip neolamps.. There's about 65 fish in the 150, but it's hard to see all the little ones! Random pics below!

Also, some pics of my Mobas!

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

blkg35

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
homeless.......
Very nice. Its gonna look even sweeter when the fishes mature and start coloring up.....:grinno:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store