hot tub converted into pond

ericifish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2008
Florida
we have a hot tub in my backyard thats been siting for about a year now because the water heater is broken. we have always played around with the idea of turning it into a pond, but now me and my dad are geting serious about it. its about a 3-4 person and looks almost identical to this one. we know we have to plug the holes were the jets come out, and we were thinking we could use two of them for the filter. we are planning on using another fish tank we have for the sump. any ideas / comments?

AW-MATRIXB--E3[1].jpg

ericifish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2008
Florida
bump for mah redneck pond ? :(

well tomorrow we are going to look at pluging some of the holes and tearing off the wood trim around it. then start digging i guess and puting together the filter

DucatiDragster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Bay Area
Good idea in my opinion, heating wouldn't be much of a problem since you live in Florida... Are you planning on using it as a pond the way it is or burying it down into the ground?

ericifish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2008
Florida
buring it into the ground, only besides the idea we have, we really have no idea what we are doing. i was hoping to get some feedback. i know we have to cover it for shade and filter, besides that i have no idea what to do

DucatiDragster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Bay Area
Burying it into the ground would make it look better, I'm sure pond experts will give their thoughts soon...Good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store