My Indo Dat starved himself to DEATH!

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
I had four Indo's and three of them converted to pellets but one never did. The other three grew to 6" and the other one was still 2.5". After several attempts to convert him to pellets I decided to get serious. This time I'm not giving in. After almost 6 weeks of refusing Hikari Massivore and Carnivore pellets, Hikari Foodsticks, NLS 3mm and 5mm sinking pellets, this morning I found him dead. :( He was such a cute little split bar, if only I would have given him some shrimp in time he'd still be here. :cry::cry:

Tom500

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 14, 2008
Halifax, UK!!!
I'm sorry for your loss, but i do think that waiting 6 weeks was a bit silly and this was the only and obvious outcome. It is a real shame but i think generally if they don't take pellets by 3-4 weeks then just feed it up on whatever it eats and then try again.
Sorry he died at least 3 eat pellets now.

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Mobatic;2469925; said:
sry for the lost but at least you got the other three to eat pellets.
Thanks and they're growing very quickly.

Tom500;2469935; said:
I'm sorry for your loss, but i do think that waiting 6 weeks was a bit silly and this was the only and obvious outcome. It is a real shame but i think generally if they don't take pellets by 3-4 weeks then just feed it up on whatever it eats and then try again.
Sorry he died at least 3 eat pellets now.
I've read of people's experience stating they can go months without eating but now I know different. :(

crowconor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2008
hanover,ma
hey man sorry stuff happens tho now you have three that will be monsters

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Thanks you guys, I appreciate it. Adaptation is the key to survival and that one wouldn't adapt. It was sad to see him laying on his side at the bottom this morning.

polypterus77

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
México
sorry man, i never been able to starve a fish for more than 4 weeks, i think beyond that they get sick easy, sorry again :(

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Don't ever believe what hear about Dats never starving to death. I recently lost my 3-4" NGT after a similar time period.
I'll never leave Dats like that again and will continue to feed with thay're happy with. Lots of people said they can go months but I'd say that isn't the norm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store