st not eating

aspear

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
cache valley, utah
i got a 2 or 3 inch st last monday and he hasnt eaten yet. what is the best food for them?
ive tried
earthworms
brine shrimp
squid
cichild pellets
he could have gotten some flake as he is in quarentime with some rainbows

im goin to the lfs tomarrow and want to know what he'll eat
i might buy some feeder guppys and pellets of something

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
impossible to be an st at that size..... they banned export of st so the ones in US r mostly big if not ]V[onster

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Newly introduced tigers can take a while before feeding. Just dont worry too much.

If it is getting near wafer thin, where u can see skull definition under the skin around the head, then get some feeders immediately. Just to fatten him up for say 7 working days. Then, stop all live cpmpletely, and start feeding waht u normally feed rest of tank mates, and DO NOT GIVE in to feeders. So e.g prawn, fish, bloodworm each day. Sooner or later he'll take it.

Again, a tiger if has a little belly, can go for 4 weeks not easting in my experience.

A coupke of guys posted their lossed tigers after starving them to convert feeding. So, if u go for starve route, make sure it eats at least something every 3 weeks or so, say 1 feeder, then back to normal feeding regime.

GOod luck, keep us posted

aspear

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
cache valley, utah
he is still pretty fat. i was told he was eating frozen brine shrimp at the wholesaler i bought him from.
i'll give him a couple weeks before i worry.

also i have him in with some rainbows and cories, both about his size. could they be stressing him out? he seems wary to come out of the pvc elbow he is in.

allegra

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Cal
Give him some feeder guppies and/or ghost shrimp. If its a healthy dat it won't be able to resist.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store