How long do Callochromis Pleurospilus hold for?

chrisngo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Would it be advisable to strip? I think she's been holding for 2 weeks now. I may transfer her to a holding tank before I strip. There has been way too much aggression in my 200 gallon. Amazingly enough...

Chris

chrisngo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
mike dunagan;2477745; said:
2 weeks, not unless you have a tumbler. I would move her and stripe closer to 4 weeks if you must.
Well I will keep her in my 200 gallon. I will not strip her unless she prolongs her holding or is constantly harassed.

Thank you.
Chris

chrisngo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
UPDATE:

Got a good head on look at the buccal cavity and it looks like the eggs have eyes. Right now I have about 10 3/4 inch Calvus in the tank with them. Will the Calvus eat the fry if they see them? There are plenty of rocks to hide in, but where the fry go I am sure the Calvus can go as well.

Chris

chrisngo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
mike dunagan;2480698; said:
They can eat them, if the mom lets them out. If they still have a sac she will hold them. Once her mouth looks like it will explode you can stripe to a fry tank.
She released into a Ziploc container I had her floating in. Released about 35 fry. I now moved her into a 10 gallon with that really weak male that tried to head dive into the rocks. He's trying to dominate her...so he's going into the container. Fry will move out into the 10 gallon. She goes back into the 200 gallon. How does this sound?

Chris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store