Some pics of my juvi Mbunas

Calaustria

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Hobart, IN
Female Kenyi

Male Kenyi (bossman of the tank)

Bigger of the two red zebras (second in control)

Male bumblebee. I always assumed he was the male because he was so dark, but when I took this pic, I saw that egg spot for the first time

Really dark

This one might be female

Female acei. There's a male too, and all they do is follow each other around all day. Never chase anything, and nothing ever chases them. I didn't get a pic of the male for some reason.

Another pic

Kenyi and Zebra:

What do you guys think? :D

blkg35

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
homeless.......
Nice collection of Mbunas. They should go well together. Also great photography skills........:grinno:

Calaustria

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Hobart, IN
Thanks, I just got a Nikon D80, and it's amazingly easy to take closeups with the huge zoom on it. For Christmas I think I'm going to buy myself a new flash. Anyway, here are some full tank shots. Not so pretty :\ I can't really find anything nice to fill it up with, and I don't have much room for any Texas Holey rock...

46 gallon bowfront

Lol, should've washed off the glass before I took those :D

Calaustria

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Hobart, IN
Yeah, black would make the zebras, aceis, kenyis and yellow labs stick out, but my bumblebees might disappear. It's looking like my "female" kenyi is in fact a male. :( better go to petsmart and get me a female. It's got a tiny bit of yellow on it in some spots. You can see in the first pic. It's dorsal seems to be turning a little yellow on the fringe too. How many mbunas do you think I can cram in this tank? I think I'm gonna have to take the labs back, since they're going to end up defenseless. Not getting picked on at all though. I'm probably overstocked as it is anyway. What do you think? I want to have more than just a pair of each. I need me some groups.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
i need a good cam like urs :( nice kenyi they look great. Ive been loking for bumblebess for a while . nice fishies, and yeah i would go with black in the back ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store