dats only eat in the dark?!?!?

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Mine will feed with the lights on but they'll eat a bite and swim back and hide again real fast. With the lights off they come out just like yours.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
bitteraspects;2476564; said:
my dats wont eat with the lights on. is this normal behavior. once in a while they will get a bite, but usually they wait till i turn out the light to come out and really feed.
any way to change this behavior?
Your Dats will eventually behave dependant on what your feeding regim has been. ii.e. I fed my tigers in the dark for about 2 years, then tried feeding with lights, and they didn't eat.
I kept lights on timer, and only fed when lights on. It took about 4 weeks before they were eating normally again.
ONLY feed when lights are on. Its a confidence thing.

bitteraspects

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
ExoDon Juan
Ade;2476707; said:
Your Dats will eventually behave dependant on what your feeding regim has been. ii.e. I fed my tigers in the dark for about 2 years, then tried feeding with lights, and they didn't eat.
I kept lights on timer, and only fed when lights on. It took about 4 weeks before they were eating normally again.
ONLY feed when lights are on. Its a confidence thing.
thanks. i do that when acclimating new fish. i should have known. lol.
theyre going to a bigger tank soon, so i think ill wait to light train them

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
alll my fish eat when the light is off or on just the fact that its very skittish. its kinda annoying i dont get to see them often when the lights are on.

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
Train them..

Feed only with light on..it helps to overcome their shyness and keeps them stable (IT's mostly)

All my dats are not shy, they come out all the time looking for food..

Stan

lilfishkeepers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
orange county
My datnoid is scared of me when i walk in to the room he goes in the corner need advice to change his behavior so he wont be scared of me any more please help with my fishes problem

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store