THIS IS FOR THE STAFF TO READ FOR THE MARYLAND SNAKEHEAD REGULATIONS

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
http://dnrweb.dnr.state.md.us/fish/2004snakehead_comment/
SUMMARY
The emergency snakehead regulations were approved by the Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review Committee of the General Assembly and are effective November 23, 2004. The proposed permanent regulation is scheduled to be effective January 6, 2005. The regulation prohibits the live possession of two species of snakehead fish: Channa argus (Northern snakehead) and Channa maculata (blotched snakehead). The Northern and blotched snakehead fish are both temperate species and pose a long-term threat to ecosystem balance. The regulation complements federal rule by prohibiting the importation and transportation of any live fish or viable eggs of snakehead fishes of the family Channidae in the State. In addition, the regulation will prohibit the sale and breeding of snakehead fish of the family Channidae in order to prevent ownership of new snakehead fish.

REGULATIONS

08. Department of Natural Resources

Subtitle 02. Fisheries Service

Chapter 19. Nuisance and Prohibited Species.

.01 Prohibitions
A. Except as authorized by Code of Federal Regulations, Title 50, Part 16, a person may not import, transport, or introduce into the State any live fish or viable eggs of snakehead fishes of the Family Channidae, including but not limited to:

1. Channa amphibeus - chel snakehead;
2. Channa argus - northern snakehead;
3. Channa asiatica - chinese snakehead;
4. Channa aurantimaculata - orangespotted snakehead;
5. Channa bankanensis - bangka snakehead;
6. Channa baramensis - baram snakehead;
7. Channa barca - barca snakehead;
8. Channa bleheri -rainbow snakehead;
9. Channa burmanica - burmese snakehead
10. Channa cyanospilos - bluespotted snakehead;
11. Channa gachua - dwarf snakehead;
12. Channa harcourtbutleri - inle snakehead;
13. Channa lucius - splendid snakehead;
14. Channa maculata - blotched snakehead;
15. Channa marulius - bullseye snakehead;
16. Channa maruloides - emperor snakehead;
17. Channa melanoptera - blackfinned snakehead;
18. Channa melasoma - black snakehead;
19. Channa micropeltes - giant snakehead;
20. Channa nox – night snakehead;
21. Channa orientalis - ceylon snakehead;
22. Channa panaw – panaw snakehead;
23. Channa pleurophthalmus - ocellated snakehead;
24. Channa punctata - spotted snakehead;
25. Channa stewartii - golden snakehead;
26. Channa striata - chevron snakehead;
27. Parachanna africana - niger snakehead;
28. Parachanna insignis - congo snakehead; and
29. Parachanna obscura - african snakehead.

B. A person may not sell or breed live snakehead fish of the Family Channidae in the State.

.02 Possession.

A. Except as provided in §B of this regulation a person may not possess the viable eggs or live snakehead fish of the species:

1. Channa argus (northern snakehead); and
2. Channa maculata (blotched snakehead).

B. The Department may issue a permit for the possession of a live snakehead fish for scientific purposes to a properly accredited person of known scientific attainment.

nOW WHAT REASON YOU GOT FOR NO SNAKEHEAD SECTION?

No realy i would like to get some type of anyswer besides we voted and its a no to the section dedicated to them. I thought this site was about bein monster. If we cant keep one the best monsters out there what reason is there for the forum then?

edit - neo

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
by the way in the first thread i made like this i beleve it was trust or someone on the staff said they would like to see something more curent then the orignal 2002 info i posted.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
would the staff like me to find the ruleing on all 13 states

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
amazeing everyone who is crying about the snakehead section and not one you pansys speak up when i find curent info.....

edit - neo

skinless

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2005
Edmonton, CAN
bud,

we asked...got rejected. ce la vie (that is life)

I'm not sure busting balls is gonna fix the SH request.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
hey if more and more people are askin about them and putting up pics of there sh then maybe something will happen. it aint worth it-think about what it would achieve anyway. either guna be in snakehead forum, or other monster fish. its still there

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
Well heres my fealing. In another thread i posted a simaler ruleing but it was from 2002.
One of the staff members asked me to find a more curent update to it well here it is in greenish blue and white. lol

There excuse was because they are banned in the usa only 13 out of 51 states have them banned. Majority rules in my book.

All MFk needs to do is post some type of disclaimer and the site wouldnt be liable for anything the members do.

Also saying that beins it been voted on nothing can be changed i beg to differ bud

Im the reason the pittition for marylands snakehead ban got posted on every forum on the net i could find that anyone had a intrest in a snakehead was a member of. And thats one of the reasons the online pittition didnt lose the battle for MARYLAND We won the battle and the war in one fast stroke. The only spiecies that got baned was the two that could survive our winters.

So if you say one person cant make a difrence about something your wrong!

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD

skinless

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2005
Edmonton, CAN
wait, you're telling me you saved the SH??

Not too sure about that one buddy, although it seems you've taught one of your bichers to type for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store