Couple questions...

sainthitch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
canada
Ok i have been reading this forum for a while now. i have a 130 gallon with various cichilds. no agression right now. 2 questions for you guys though.

a) what are you refering to when you say "strip" them when they are breeding or holding?

b) generaly how long does it take for them to grow say from 1-2 inches to full size? and how long should i expect them to live for?

Thanks for the help on the newbie answers.

chrisngo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
sainthitch;2490041; said:
Ok i have been reading this forum for a while now. i have a 130 gallon with various cichilds. no agression right now. 2 questions for you guys though.

a) what are you refering to when you say "strip" them when they are breeding or holding?

b) generaly how long does it take for them to grow say from 1-2 inches to full size? and how long should i expect them to live for?

Thanks for the help on the newbie answers.
a) Strip - To manually remove the eggs or fry from the holding female.

b) Growth rate depends on the fish. More info needed.

Chris

sainthitch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
canada
sorry, right now i have a jewel, jag, fire mouth, yellow lab, red zebra.....sorry i dont know all the proper names for them... I basicaly just buy them based on colours and patters...theres also one that is blue with orange fins....

sorry, hope that helps.

blkg35

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
homeless.......
The fishes you have grow pretty fast. Can't give you an exact time because there are alot of factors involved. How much you feed them, how often you change water, and their environment (stress) can contribute to their growth rate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store