Gar

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
hey gar guys now any where i can order a florida, shortnose, or spotted gar online?

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
kk thanks

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Florida are around and can be obtained. Snookin has them and in this particular case they are known fish from known locality so I'd strongly suggest getting them from him. The Asian Aquaculture fish will as usual be be over the place very soon. These fish are however odd and it is not sure what they are fully. Majority fit Florida but there are questions of hybrids being possible.

Shorts are seasonal and rather rare and unusual to be available. Keep an eye to see if someone did not kill theirs the first year and snatch them up as you can as they get bored with them or get sick of how insane they are.

Actual known Spotteds are pretty much totally nonexistant in the hobby and are likely one of the rarest gar species to find in it. Keep an eye out though and you may get lucky. I've seen some off and on here and there. Getting them from someone that will be willing to collect them for you is best.. Kiss some butts of members in Lousiana for the good hobby type ones.

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
kk thanks im not looking to buy one till probly spring or summer just like to look ahead ;)

shortenjam88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2008
Scranton PA
look on aquascapeonline. they have tons of predators and a few species of gars. look into it, when they have them they dont have them long. i bought red bellies from them and they are gorgeous.

Arozilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
CANADA
yeah there are many for sale in buy and sale the forum.

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
Polypterus;2497999; said:
Florida are around and can be obtained. Snookin has them and in this particular case they are known fish from known locality so I'd strongly suggest getting them from him. The Asian Aquaculture fish will as usual be be over the place very soon. These fish are however odd and it is not sure what they are fully. Majority fit Florida but there are questions of hybrids being possible.

Shorts are seasonal and rather rare and unusual to be available. Keep an eye to see if someone did not kill theirs the first year and snatch them up as you can as they get bored with them or get sick of how insane they are.

Actual known Spotteds are pretty much totally nonexistant in the hobby and are likely one of the rarest gar species to find in it. Keep an eye out though and you may get lucky. I've seen some off and on here and there. Getting them from someone that will be willing to collect them for you is best.. Kiss some butts of members in Lousiana for the good hobby type ones.
Floridas or Spotteds?

MultispeciesTamer;2498139; said:
kk thanks im not looking to buy one till probly spring or summer just like to look ahead ;)
If you are waiting until spring or summer, why not just go collect them yourself? Do a little research between now and then and go on a collection trip. That would be much more fun and you would actually know what you have.

city_of_evil6661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
gainesville ga
[/quote]If you are waiting until spring or summer, why not just go collect them yourself? Do a little research between now and then and go on a collection trip. That would be much more fun and you would actually know what you have.[/quote]

thats what me and tasha are gonna do for a few longnoses. and whatever else we catch.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
demjor19;2513756; said:
Floridas or Spotteds?
Jordan I said Florida in the first sentence....:screwy:

As for MST catching his own gar (In michigan) he can only collect Longnosed as Spotteds would require him to obtain a permit. Spotted gar are special concern in Michigan and should not be collected or messed with...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store