hard to find??

cichlids _killer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2008
northside of da chi
is it just me or dim compressiceps and nim fuscotaeniatus are real hard to come around ?? really want to add those two in my tank ....is anyone have them in your tank? how is they temperament ? i know the link of them from cichlid-forum but just want to hear from a real person that got ...
thanks

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
I have a small (3") d. compressiceps, and it is pretty mellow, not much of an instigator, although it is kept in check by a 6" Dim. kiwinge. They are occasionally seen at LFS, but got mine from a local fish farm where the guy breeds them

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
I also got a male d. comp. about a year ago , got mine believe it or not at petco for 5.99. It was nice looking and developed nice color after growing. I sold it so dont have it anymore but the things i noticed were that it was slower to develop color than other african species (after it got to 5 inches or so) and once it did it wanted to spawn with anything and was very frustrated there were no takers LOL (had it in a community african tank with no females of its species LOL). It got beligerant enough that for a few months it was in with my semi aggressive mbuna (didnt really have any super aggressive mbuna in there). It did just fine with those mbuna but seemed to enjoy the large hap tank better. I would say cause of their large adult size you would need a big tank for adults and would want either a male only tank or have a colony of females for it, and i heard they are fairly easy to breed and that females can tumble hundreds of eggs at a time ...

cichlids _killer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2008
northside of da chi
mike dunagan;2501112; said:
Strange, I find them all the time. LOL
lucky you then !!! i never came across any of them ..even on gcca.net ..once i saw one D.comp at the LFS male 3-4in for 20buck but the guy said he holding it for some one to pick up ..i was like grrrr lolz hoping some days i'll got those two in my tank:D

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Man, they are like rabbits around here. In fact I have seen whole colonies for sale since this summer. I sold two fucso early this fall as well. Perhaps you need to come to Indy and visit us!

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
i see them here from breeders to even the most mom and pop store u can find. i cant say they hard to find...hard to find for us though is one without parasites.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store