I.D

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Anyone know exactly which type of Calvus/Comps these are? These are 3 different fish...Are they all the same or are they different type? I want to see if they are what they were sold as.

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Anyone???

blkg35

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
homeless.......
No, they look more like comps to me. Their body is longer and stalkier.
My guess would be either a Orange Chaitika comp or a Goldhead comp. Very hard to tell since they are still juveniles.
What were they sold as?
Many comps/calvus look very similiar when they are juveniles.

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
blkg35;2515786; said:
No, they look more like comps to me. Their body is longer and stalkier.
My guess would be either a Orange Chaitika comp or a Goldhead comp. Very hard to tell since they are still juveniles.
What were they sold as?
Many comps/calvus look very similiar when they are juveniles.
The 1st and 3rd one were in a tank labled yellow compressicep...I don't think a yellow comp exists. I have a gold headed comp and the 1 in the first pic looks very similar. The one in the 3rd ...I don't know.The one in the middle was labeled lufubu "red" comp.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
1st looks to be a gold head
2nd looks to be a reg comp which are yellowish in color esp when young
3rd can not tell for sure, angle weird to see if it is a comp or calvus. Leads me to think gold head, but not sure.

blkg35

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
homeless.......
Bre;2515899; said:
The 1st and 3rd one were in a tank labled yellow compressicep...I don't think a yellow comp exists. I have a gold headed comp and the 1 in the first pic looks very similar. The one in the 3rd ...I don't know.The one in the middle was labeled lufubu "red" comp.
Its gonna be hard to get any exact answers. Those guys are still too small. The middle could be a red lufubu, most red lufubus dont have any reds in them. I haven't heard of a yellow comp either. Its most likely gonna be a "gold" or "orange" comp. Variant unknown.
Try asking the LFS if he can find out from the breeder what comps these were.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store