Frustrated to the max..

Kezzie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
SOCAL
Ok so woke up early friday went down to the lfs baught 20 gallons of freshwater for my 55 and did my water change...

Added bio spira for the bact. and my two dats (6" NGT , 4" indo laid on bottom...I tested the water ph was LOW...treated with alkaline buffer next day tested PH was up to about 7.8 and alkeline was off the charts..i treated with aquarium buffer to balance out...fish no longer lays on side on botom and stll eat like pigs...but they dont swim? my NGT looks darker? im about to freak out...help me out peps...
Thanx

chrisngo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Kezzie;2513955; said:
Ok so woke up early friday went down to the lfs baught 20 gallons of freshwater for my 55 and did my water change...

Added bio spira for the bact. and my two dats (6" NGT , 4" indo laid on bottom...I tested the water ph was LOW...treated with alkaline buffer next day tested PH was up to about 7.8 and alkeline was off the charts..i treated with aquarium buffer to balance out...fish no longer lays on side on botom and stll eat like pigs...but they dont swim? my NGT looks darker? im about to freak out...help me out peps...
Thanx
Is this the first time you used LFS bought water? There may be something bad in the LFS water. On a side note, why do you buy water from the LFS?

Chris

Kezzie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
SOCAL
this is the second time ive baught lfs water...the lady at Jans says its better to use than regular tap with bio spira...

Kezzie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
SOCAL
wow 43 veiws and no help...this website is good for people to talk crap but not helping...CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE WATER PARAMETERS OF THEIR DATNOID TANK PLEASE??

wingate2581

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
horseheads, ny
I would say if this is only the second time you have used this water and you've had these fish for awhile. go back to the water source you used to use. If it isnt broke dont fix it. I have my NTT in water with 7.5 ph. Sorry if not a lot of help, but its a BUMP if nothing else! Good Luck

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
Your ph was all over the place because the water they sell at the LFS is usually RO water. You need to do a lot of research on this water before using it. Also, there usually isn't anythng wrong with tap water, if it is drinkable, unless you have some super sensitive fish like salt or discus. They are the reason the LFS sells RO water.

onlikedonkeykong17

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2008
US
i suggest that if your tap water from home was working, not to switch to LFS water
it may be better but it is not worth the rish
im sorry im not sure what advice i can give you other than that
GOOD LUCK =]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store