125G tank

sainthitch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
canada
Well i have been on this site for maybe 2 months now. figured after reading just about everything i could, taking everyones advice into account, i think i finaly have the tank set up the way i want.

To be honest i couldnt tell you all of the types of fish, and i know theres a few in there that should not be together. the wife and i are currently moving to a new house where i am building a tank that will be ruffly 600g in the wall...stupid monsterfishkeepers giving me motivation.
The tank is also over stocked currently but i have the fluval fx5 on it for fitration.

here are some pics. Let me know what you think.

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

orbit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
Michigan
WOW! its a great looking tank. Very clear/clean looking! Nice.

Does look over stocked but with you're current situation?? Understandable! And they'll all forgive you for a new 600g tank! That'll rock.

blkg35

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
homeless.......
Great looking tank, you did a good job setting it up.
A monster 600gal tank with african cichlids is gonna look sweet....:grinno:

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
well people tend to overstock africans, but id say that these guys will definately need more space-i think it looks good, but in the future you may want to switch your substrate to sand-your africans will love it!

sainthitch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
canada
thanks for the comments guys!!

as for the list, i will try to list them all off but i only know the "common" name for msot of them...here it goes..

1. yellow lab x 2
2. red zebra x 3
3. front x1
4. jewel x 2
5. convit x 1
6. green terror x 1
7. peacock 1 female, 2 males
8. fire mouth x 1
9. ice blue(blue body orange and yellow fins) x 2
10. Demasoni x 3
11. Veneture (sp) x 2
12. 4 other ones that i dont know how to describe so im going to take a pic of them and you guys can tell me what they are.(first pic the one in the middle, second pic the one with the yellow anal fin and half yellow tail fin)

oh, and 6 giant danios swimming around the top.

it will only be about another 8 months till they are all in a 600gallon wall tank. lots and lots of room for them then. We also have a small 25 gallon with a few babies that will eventualy move up to the big boy tank.

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
1st-which one? peacock? if so looks to be ruby red if yellow, looks to be kenyi from 4th pic.
2nd- need more but maybe an acei or redfin boreyi
3rd scolofi
4th-Kenyi

I am not a big fan of mixing to the point you have. CA/SA have different way to communicate with body language, can lead to trouble. Mixing rift lakes can and has worked but some of your mixes concern me a bit. I worry the front will be out grown and stressed to death most of all.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
yeah im not sure which on eht efirst pic but in the middle i see a red peacock in the lower part and a kenyi in the upper right i guess. and then the second pic its tough to say without a side shot but the fish mike dunagan mentioned are the ones that come to mind ith yellow fins for me too although the body shape is different too.
very nice tank by the way, i like the rocks :) what kind are they?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store