10in needle nose with 3-4in spotted gar

Poptarts356

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
Pine Island, MN
iv been watching them for a long time now and i am hopeing with the large amount of feeders and cover that my needle nose will leave my other gar alone. i might have to move him until he grows? any input

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
If the needle nose dosen't eat him, it will eventually be the other way around.

lordofthejewsjr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2008
thats a good question
i have the same thing, almost. i had two 6-8 in needlefish with a 3"in fl gar and nothing went wrong. now the gar is 6"in long

Poptarts356

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
Pine Island, MN
it is a needle nose and i am aware that it isnt a real gar and i know that the spotted will get way bigger then him but so far so good, he has left him alone

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
agree with that one

city_of_evil6661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
gainesville ga
i wouldnt suggest keeping needlefish with gars anyways.they are way to aggressive at feeding time and the gar will have a hard time getting its share. i have heard that needlefish and gars have completely different husbandry and if you try to keep both one of them will not survive due to different care requirements. however they a vey interesting species i just would keep or suggest keeping one with any gar species and the fact that the needlefish will eventually be an expensive feeder if not separated in time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store