yellow labs

truck_317

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
State College PA
well i have two yellow labs. i hope ones a female and ones a male. the smaller one comes up to the larger one and shakes at it. know the lager one is digging a big whole. so does this sound like a pair or not. any time a fish comes need the hole that the bigger one is digging it chases them away. please help

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
well yellow labs arent substrate spawners so they arent building a nest. they build holes for terrirtories. the shaking might just be a sign of dominance from one male to another. have any pics? hwo big are they?

truck_317

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
State College PA
i cant get any good pics of them i just cant figure out my camera. the smaller one had very dark markings on the top and bottom fins. the bigger one has very little dark on the top and bottom and the color comes and go. the bigger one does not shake at all. the smaller one is younger then the bigger one. they dont seem to fight at all

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
do they both have blck stripes on the fins? to me it seem more territorial than anything, one is establishing himself as the dominant male which means shaking and digging holes.

truck_317

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
State College PA
the larger one should be a female and she was chasing the smaller one around which is a male. is she dropping her eggs for the male to fertalize them or what

truck_317

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
State College PA
the lager one has very little black on it and it comes and goes and the smaller one has alot of black on it and it stays there all the time. would it be that the female is chasing the male to gertlize the eggs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store