Update:

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Well first sorry I have been MIA - had finals and been in school for quite some time but I have finally finished up with my AA and I am on to core classes and my BA/BS once I get accepted into a University in fall :)

I thought I would give you all an update on whats going on with my fish!

Well I start with my shell dwellers - awhile back I lost one of my brevis to a big red bubble :( I do still have 1 brevis 2 occellatus gold and 1 calvus in that tank all still an inch or 2.

On to my 55 gallon tank - This is where I am currently housing my f1 kigoma colony. They have grown and are still very nice looking. Unfortunetly one has dissappeared off the planet - no body ever found anywhere (looked in the tank, filtration system, sump and around the tank and even around in the room.... not sure what happened.. :screwy:). I lost a 2nd one, I am unsure how though he was fine - ate and water params were fine but I found him eaten, i think the others may have killed him. So I went form 11 to 9. Still a good number and I knew I would probably have some casualitys. The ones I have now are doing very well and the larger 2 have these very nice yellow spots on their fins :D I am hoping to move them into my 150gal tank though very soon. (here are some pictures - sorry they are bad quality - I was trying to get pics of the yellow spot)
S5000109.JPG

S5000107.JPG

S5000101.JPG

S5000098.JPG

S5000097.JPG

My 150 gallon tank is good but due to the losses of my kigomas as well as them growing (9 in a 55 no so great). I would like to move them into my 150 gal tank. Problem is I have 3 large burundi (well one is a 7 stripe) one that I have had for 3 years. It's hard to part with them. I tried to sell them, even tried giving them to a good home for free but no luck and I am not fond of the idea of taking them to the lfs, but they should have been gone weeks ago. I really need that tank for my kigomas as they are growing - there is 9 and I dont want to lose any due to the tank size they are currently in. I would move the other fish in that tank (cyp, helinathus and tetracanthus into the 55gal as they are small and dont grow to big.) the synodontis does fine with my small fish and fronts so I am not really worried about him.
Below are my 3 large fronts that need a good home:
S5003941.JPG

S5000100.JPG

Well that is pretty much my African tank situation in a nutshell.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Congrats on your AA:D Sucks you got to give up your Burundis. Hopefully, you won't lose anymore of your Kigomas.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
nice ta see you. shame on the fronts :( i hate it when fish just poof and disapear. welcome back ;)

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Thanks everyone =]

Yes I dont like it when the poof and dissappear either - second fish that has done that.. weird. Yah it does suck that I got to give them up which is why I want a good home for them.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
bigger tank is out of the question for 2 reasons: mom wouldnt let me being the first the second being I am moving out in summer and I have other things Id like to buy before I am finacially strapped forever ontop of having to save up to afford a even somewhat down payment for a house.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store