May 14, 2008
ponca city oklahoma
i do i have labidochromis sp. hongi, with brichardi's

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Depends on who you ask...I think if you choose very carefully, it can be done. I wouldn't just throw any Tangs in with Malawi's but I think with proper research it can be done. I have all 3 lakes in my tank and it is going great. I keep my water so it is within everyone's range. I have a couple Calvus and Comps for Tangs (these guys don't bother anyone and they're awesome) a pair of Peacocks and some Vics. I tried to pick fish from each lake that were more mild mannered...No aggressive one's.

MalawiTango

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
N Virginia
I hade some Clavus' mixed in with my Haps and Peacocks and they appeared to be fine. After putting them in my Tang tank with other Calvus' and Compressiceps they really came alive and hung out all over the tank, instead of hiding in the rocks and quickly grabbing a bit of food and darting back to their spot.

rainbowfishpc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2008
Some town
Bre;2564775; said:
Depends on who you ask...I think if you choose very carefully, it can be done. I wouldn't just throw any Tangs in with Malawi's but I think with proper research it can be done. I have all 3 lakes in my tank and it is going great. I keep my water so it is within everyone's range. I have a couple Calvus and Comps for Tangs (these guys don't bother anyone and they're awesome) a pair of Peacocks and some Vics. I tried to pick fish from each lake that were more mild mannered...No aggressive one's.
YES! THAT IS THE ONE I WANT!

rainbowfishpc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2008
Some town
mike dunagan;2564786; said:
wait are you asking like breeding? Or stocking? If stocking I mix peacocks and smaller tangs all the time.
Stocking

moespeaking

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2006
Massachusetts
That should work out fine. right now i have a 60 gallon tank mixed with:

red ear slider
map turtle
green terror
giant danio
compressiceps
polypterus
mono sabae
marble wolf goby
alligator pleco

They all get along fine and have been for the last two years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store