How to keep NTT bar's stable?

Arozilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
CANADA
I recently purchase an NTT thats about 5 inch or so, when i bought him he was so stable i put him in my tank for a couple hours and his bars started to fade. I notice that hes scary cat that like to hide under the driftwood. He only comes out to eat and then goes back into his comfort zone.

My question is how do i keep the bars stable and how do i prevent him from being so shy?

Please post your thought.

Thanks,

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Give him time. i have 5 IT, 3 where stable, but 2 weren't. Yesterday i moved the plants around, and 1 of the 2 unstable became stable.

Arozilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
CANADA
haynchinook334;2570143; said:
Give him time. i have 5 IT, 3 where stable, but 2 weren't. Yesterday i moved the plants around, and 1 of the 2 unstable became stable.

So im guessing that the fish has to be in its comfort level to truely show its colors. Well i guess i have to wait on it or should i put other things into my tank?

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
What is in his tank now? I found that my smaller IT was very unstable when he was by himself, but as soon as I put him in a tank with some dither fish, he became instantly stable.

Arozilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
CANADA
this NTT is in a 180 gal with a ray, bichir, gar, aro, flag tail and all that good stuff.

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Ntt's normally become stable alot more then IT's but just give it good environment and bunch of other goods then it will be stable in no time. mine gets stable when i give them krills. other wise they are semi-stable.

Mobatic

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2008
Yeah dats tend to not get stable until they are adapted to their environment sometimes it takes a while and sometime one just get stable because its fits in as for krills, im feeding mine shrimps...sometime it takes it but i should try out krills.

Arozilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
CANADA
i guess thats the one thing with them they need to adapt as well as getting them to eat certain food.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
take out all the hiding places its as simple as that give them hiding places they will use them

a little trick that only works with thin bars and its only a temp fix add a little bit of melafix :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store