Major Problem

flemming

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2008
netherlands
hi guys,
i am having a problem in my tank,i have 4it's,the biggest one is nearly 4inch,another one is 3inch 1guy is 2,5inch and one guy is 1,5inch long.
the littlest guy has had 3times cloud eye in les then a half-year,the second time i decide to put hem in a Q-tank,and it did worked out.
10days ago I put it back in the big tank,but after 5days he had cloudy eye again.
an expert told me to watch how the the other datnioides react on the small guy,i saw the where biting him and pushing the fish to corner of the tank,as soon as the smal datnioid tryed to get out of the corner,they attacked him until he was in this corner again.
so i decided to put the fish back in the q-tank,and he is still in the Q-tank.
but then the big problem starts,the big IT's now where attacking the remaining datioid in the tank,the where biting him and the repeadly bited him is his eye,this is having cloudy eye now for 2days.
the problems is,i can't put 2datnioides in 1q-tank because you always most have 1or 3datnioides in 1tank.
i am not able to make another Q-tank,my parents won't allow me.
so what can i do?
and to make the problem even bigger,i am going on vacation 3days from now,my dad wants the Q-tank away before we go to holiday.
so then i got 2sick datnioides with to healty datnioides,so what can i do?
someone please help
PS sorry for my poor english

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
usually adding more dats will help.. but they always need to establish the hierarchy before everything cools down.. but then again, all dats won't tolerate other dats and if you're unlucky your bigger one is one of those.. if you could find a dat that is bigger or meaner than him you might have a winning concept or possibly adding more dats to spread the aggression..

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
how big is your tank (this is important info)? what are water parameters and other tank mates? let us know.
Usually tigers of different sizes inone tank is a safe bet, but it sems your not having the best of luck. If u got tank space, add more tigers. preferebaly a bigger one than your largest.
If u go away for 3 days and got no quarantine tank, see if your LFS can lookafter it for you for a week or so

flemming

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2008
netherlands
problems solved,it's an 83gallon tank containing 1xchanna pulchra,2xpolypterus senagalus,1x mastacembelus armatus and 3x barracuda's.
there are curently by an expert.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store