post your pictures of female jack dempsey !!!

ohhsweetness

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2008
Australia/ Brisbane
hey guys just wanting to see how many jack dempsey females r out there
and how beautiful they are

especially if you have gene split ones !!!

ill post pictures of mine in a minute i gotta take a few first !

ohhsweetness

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2008
Australia/ Brisbane
male n female
DSCF0934.JPG
big female gene split
DSCF0906.JPG
big female gene split
DSCF0908.JPG
3" female dnt know if shes split or not
DSCF0938.JPG

the big female is really aggressive now and he's lost his colour when he suicided out of the tank and i had to revive him !!

Toby_H

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
Charlotte, NC
They aren't the best quality pics but here ya go...

Here is a Gold x Gold pair with the female in front

This is a female Blue Gene with fry

Here is a pair of Standard Dempseys with the feamle in front (excuse the glare)

Huge ugly female

Female Blue Dempsey in the begining stage of breeding dress

The same Blue female in full breeding dress

Blurry Blue male x Standard female pair

Standard Female

Blue x Blue Gene female pair

Reactions: Vukmir13

Toby_H

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I've heard a few people claim they can tell Blue Genes from Standards... but I can't

I've also had two people who claim they can tell them apart try to explain to me how they do so... but I found multiple examples in my own tanks did not coincide with their theories...

I'm not going to be so bold as to say they are lying, or even they are wrong... but no one has been able to convince me they can either...

I personally do not think they can be distinguished, but I'm very open to hearing experineced peoples theories. I hope I'm wrong :D

ohhsweetness

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2008
Australia/ Brisbane
nc_nutcase;2582650; said:
I've heard a few people claim they can tell Blue Genes from Standards... but I can't

I've also had two people who claim they can tell them apart try to explain to me how they do so... but I found multiple examples in my own tanks did not coincide with their theories...

I'm not going to be so bold as to say they are lying, or even they are wrong... but no one has been able to convince me they can either...

I personally do not think they can be distinguished, but I'm very open to hearing experineced peoples theories. I hope I'm wrong :D
i was pet city and they told m this one was a gene split neon gene or something
she was really pretty heaps of spangles every where very blue & blue gills!

Toby_H

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Cichlaholics Anonymous;2582666; said:
this is just a typical jack dempsey, cost me less than a buck 2 years ago

Many people will tell you that one way to identify females is they are short & squat... yet this female is long & slender... Looks like body shape sexing is out the window :p

Sweetness... I have standards that are covered in blue... and I have Blue Genes with almost no Blue on them what so ever... and I have the vise versa of both... The amount of Blue in a Dempsey means nothing in regards to it's recessive genes... I wish it was that easy ;)

Toby_H

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Blue on the gill plate is the most reliable way I know of to identify a female Dempsey... but it doens't mean it's a Blue Gene...

Sorry if I worded that wrong above...

The one you have pictures above is definately a girl... a cute one too (and yes I mean the fish)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store