Centerpiece african for 75G?

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
What I'm wanting to do is have one large species, say Tilapia Buttikoferi or some other type of African tilapia, or just any large African species as the centerpiece and then have a mix of smaller Africans like Malawi's.

The only problem is I'm not sure what fish would work well as a Centerpiece.
I'm also not sure what mix of Malawis to go with, as my experience with Africans is limited.

Pittbull

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Louisville Kentucky
A dimidochromis compressiceps and a group of mbuna your choice would be sweet as for the compressiceps gets fairly large, i also like the malawi trout cichlid champsochromis caeruleus but these get pretty big as well along with a huge appetite..

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
I like the Malawi trouts long trailing fins, watched a video showing a 10'' male and it was awesome. Definitely a consideration. Any more suggestions?
:)

TheFanatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
St. Louis
www.grillinfool.com
AttackFish;2582930; said:
What I'm wanting to do is have one large species, say Tilapia Buttikoferi or some other type of African tilapia, or just any large African species as the centerpiece and then have a mix of smaller Africans like Malawi's.

The only problem is I'm not sure what fish would work well as a Centerpiece.
I'm also not sure what mix of Malawis to go with, as my experience with Africans is limited.
Buttikoferi and a 75 do not go together. That thing will end up being a beast and anything stuck in that tank with it will be shredded...

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
Like I said, I have very limited experience with africans.
Any help is appreciated.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Look at it this way, most larger haps are preditors, anything that can fit in their mouth is well dinner. So something too large will eat, and the span of the tank is not terrific for most larger haps, Haps get longer than say CA/SA than tall. So the length is just as important as hiegth. Now too many small haps will get stressed by the mbuna, so smaller haps and mbuna are not a great mix either. I would suggest getting a Psuedo. Crabro as a larger Mbuna with smaller colorful ones around it. They get larger than most Mbuna, all black (males), and other mbuna and they can live in a 75 for life!

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
mike dunagan;2590503; said:
Look at it this way, most larger haps are preditors, anything that can fit in their mouth is well dinner. So something too large will eat, and the span of the tank is not terrific for most larger haps, Haps get longer than say CA/SA than tall. So the length is just as important as hiegth. Now too many small haps will get stressed by the mbuna, so smaller haps and mbuna are not a great mix either. I would suggest getting a Psuedo. Crabro as a larger Mbuna with smaller colorful ones around it. They get larger than most Mbuna, all black (males), and other mbuna and they can live in a 75 for life!
Long ago I had a pair of Crabro, very fun fish. They did breed quite a few times for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store