henward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
My dat (borneo tiger) is about 3 to 4 inches. very active
and PIGGISH!
damn!
i mean when i feed the others, i grab a few sinking carnivores, and drop it, beforei t reaches the ground this thing will consume it so fast its all gone!
litereally it will eat 10 to 15 pieces of pellets. Might not think its alot, but these things swell. (hikari sinking carnivores) and the fish is very small comparatively.
now, im concerned, it might burst lol
or do fish know better not to eat so much that their stomach rapture?
after feeding, this thing will usually have its belly very very swollen. then it hides and digests, and comes out again next day.
it eats absolutely everything (which is good!) algae wafers, shrimp, worms, beef, sinking carnivores, koi and gold fish pellets. basically anything you give it it will eat.

convict94

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2007
detroit, Mi
isn't there a thing like some kind of chemical reaction that tells the brain that you are full? and the only fish that don't have it are goldfish and thats why goldfish will explode if you aren't carful

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
All my dats would eat until their stomach ballooned (sp) up. as long as it goes down within a day or two, you'd be fine..

I try NOT giving them as much per feeding, but more like frequest interval, smaller portion. But with so many bichirs, i have to throw so much to keep the aros, dats, gars, CK busy so my bichirs can get some food.

stan

Austin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2005
i wonder the same about my big silver aro. he'll put down 20 or so massivore pellets and the others will only get a couple. i worry that he'll over eat but i have to feed the rest...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store