thin bar eating ghost shrimp?

joedodge

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
florida
when i got my thinbar yesterday they fed him some ghost shrimp and he hit it right away ate good they said to start right off with frozen krill, should i continue the ghost shrimp , i have him in with two sevs all my fish are no bigger than 3 inches what you think

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
joedodge;2591918; said:
when i got my thinbar yesterday they fed him some ghost shrimp and he hit it right away ate good they said to start right off with frozen krill, should i continue the ghost shrimp , i have him in with two sevs all my fish are no bigger than 3 inches what you think
you have seen it eat GS now dont feed it that again

it will take a long time maybe even 6 weeks dont give in or you will never get him eating dead food

joedodge

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
florida
ok thamkyou very much just feed him let it drop to the bottom and hel find it should i spot feed him , ill have to feed my sevs pelets to distract them i think

Tigerfish908

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2008
NJ/PA
Good idea to start with the froz krill. I starved mine, and in only 2-3 days they were taking the krill.
Took a little longer to get them to take shrimp and tilapia fillets. Less than 2 weeks tho. But I still have 1 thinbar that will not eat the tilapia. Only mp's and krill for him.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I had some Dats that I was feeding FD Shirmp almost exclusively. They wouldn't even touch anything else. I eventually got them to take frozen cut pieces of shrimp and fish, but it took me awhile. So it's best to try to get it used to variety as soon as possible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store