dat bein shy

joedodge

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
florida
i have been told thin bar dats are shy and read this he is in with 2 severums and some danios and there plenty of fake plants clay pots and drift wood to hide behind , he hides alot anything to do to help this he pops out of his favorite spot to snag some krill and gos back and you never see him , o he is about 2 inches or so thanks

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Take out all the hiding spots. Thats what i did for my 5'' dat.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
How long have you had him. My understanding is they are very shy when smaller.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Dats are pretty shy...at least the 6 that I had.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
joedodge;2599177; said:
i have been told thin bar dats are shy and read this he is in with 2 severums and some danios and there plenty of fake plants clay pots and drift wood to hide behind , he hides alot anything to do to help this he pops out of his favorite spot to snag some krill and gos back and you never see him , o he is about 2 inches or so thanks
I there, I have 4 thinbars: 2 are 2 inch and the other 2 are 7.5 inch. Agree, they can be a bit shy when small, as mine are, but the 2 bigger ones are my most active out of my tigers. Always swimming up to front of glass, wagging head and tails.

If your little NTT's are currently stable, (good basecolour and solid black bars), then I advise NOT to change any decor or remove any hiding spaces.... as this might trigger NTTs to be unstable..

My small NTT's weee stable in the shop, and also still stable in my tank & I already had no hiding spaces anyway.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store