Tanganikyan Pleco

Nozebleed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
Dublin Ireland
hi there..yeah basically its a 180L with 4 multi's..im not gona pack it out..just gona have a nice collection of shell dwellers. but im getting quite a build up of algae on the glass and plants..thought a plec might help.

ksfishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
Hutchinson, Kansas
I have a regular pleco in my frontosa tank. He quit eating algae off of plants and glass a long time ago. I think a lot of plecos quit eating algae as they get older, but don't quote me on that.

JONP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2007
texas
what about an green phantom, I have a white spot, common and a green phantom and he is the only one that eats algae and really anything else I put in there from potato to carrots, blood worms, brine shrimp and cucumber.

they will get to be about 12 inches I read but it takes a while.

Nozebleed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
Dublin Ireland
well..i didnt manage to pick up a pleco today..but i did get a few zebra snails in my local..the guys there say they'll do a grand job on the glass..picked up 3..wasnt sure how many o get..will they multiply??!! or am i safe enough for the time being.

Pittbull

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Louisville Kentucky
Snails like Nerite would be the best defense and then a Bristelnose pleco would be second defense..

I am assuming that you got the Zebra Nerite if so they will not multiply with out the saltwater trip they take to breed but are pretty efficient algae cleaners, plus they don't get lazy and just eat left overs of fish foods, some plecos will start to lose interest in algae and eat pellets placed in for cichlids..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store