Finished the iguana cage.

Mike D

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Spencer,Ma
well my buddy and myself finished up my iguanas new enclosure yesterday. hopefully he will be able to go in there tomorrow. temps are holding good.

now on to the pics!!!

in the beginning. first pics i took of the cage. all framing, plywood and masonite is hing. as well as blue board in the outer part of the room.

All the tile has been laid, masonite has been clear coated, and ramp and shelf was built.

And the grand finale. ramp and shelf have been stained, cleats were installed on the ramp to make climbing easier, lights were hung, and glass sliding doors were put in.

kafiltafiisch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2008
missouri
nice work! it looks good get some pics up after you put it in there!

Mike D

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Spencer,Ma
Jfitz;2604616; said:
thats sweet man, all the work payed off:p
all the work payed off but now i have new projects that i have to start:D fun times haha

hopefully the next ones will go better this enclosure was a real pain in the ass to get framed out and it fought us the whole way.. never try to build anything in a house thats from the 1700s haha. nothing is level or square

Mike D

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Spencer,Ma
Vicious_Fish;2604666; said:
Nice work. So which iggy is this for?

this is for my big male. he is going to have the cage as well as the rest of the walk in closet to roam around in. so his total roaming area will end up being 8x4. im working on a ramp right now to make getting in and out easy. that should be done with the next week or so.

the rhino will be getting his new enclosure by spring. for now he is comfortable in my 75 gallon tank. i wouldnt go much bigger than that with him right now sicne he is still small.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store