kigoma

mriversinco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Caledonia, Michigan
Ok, I'm setting up a tank for my classroom, and I went to the LFS to see what they have. I can get 10 (about 2-3" long) what it looks like kigoma because they have 7 stripes, for $120. Is this a fair deal? If and when they breed, will there still be decent value for the fry?

Last, I wanted to put something else with them and the guy recommended some blue dolphins (moori?) that are about 10 bucks a piece. Would these be fine together?

Thanks

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
You will need plenty of room for a group of 10, without adding large haps like moori. Even with a 125, I would not recommend more than fronts, perhaps smaller tank makes, but not larger haps.

mriversinco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Caledonia, Michigan
thanks. I was planning on reducing my male fronts to 2 or 3 by the time they're decent sized. How's the price of the kigomas, and if I ever get them to breed will there be a market?

Staszek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
Pennsylvania
The price is pretty good.

If they are juvies, you have at least 2 years beore they are ready to breed.

Their is a small market for Kigoma.

I would not add any other tankmates in with them

BigTim15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2008
East Coast
You will have trouble getting the money that you want for your possible fry. Considering you are paying $12 a pop for the kigoma, they would probaly be in the f3-f4 range so you will not get much for your fry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store