9. Overfiltration

Any others that should be considered?

itsalmosteasy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2008
Utah
mostlycichlids;2615823; said:
Same species should be avioded, other than that it sounds good.
That is basically #2 on my list.

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
So what would be overstocked for a 240 long if I wanted a hap/peacock tank...I would like a few of the larger ones too like the eye biter...trout...blue dolphin if that would mix.

hitemup4u

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2008
Louisville, KY
would it not be better to have less rock? or at least no caves or areas that may be claimed as territories? I was told this would keep agression down. is that true?

itsalmosteasy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2008
Utah
hitemup4u;2616512; said:
would it not be better to have less rock? or at least no caves or areas that may be claimed as territories? I was told this would keep agression down. is that true?
Good question. I am new to these and have no clue but it makes sense.

MalawiTango

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
N Virginia
Haps and Peacocks prefer open water, you will rarely see them hiding next to a rock or a cave unless its being targeted by an aggressor. I have large rocks pretty much spread out, they serve more as a wall to block the line of sight long enough for a fish being chased to get away. Your list looks good.

Chris Derrick

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2008
Oklahoma city Oklahoma
Hi there, a aquarium shop in Tulsa Ok. I went to had a 350 gallon that was just gravel and a large piece of drift wood that was on a stand in the center of the tank! Pretty cool all he had was Wild Caught Peacocks, three or four large Pleco's, and a few clown loachs. If it was me I would do very little rock let the fish show! Good luck sounds fun! CD

itsalmosteasy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2008
Utah
So #6 is actually a bad idea?

blkg35

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
homeless.......
itsalmosteasy;2617676; said:
So #6 is actually a bad idea?
It all depends on the cichlids you are keeping. For open water swimmers i would do less rocks. For rock dwellers I would do alot of rocks. But less rock does cut down on aggression since there will be less territory for the fishes to claim. But that rule applies to fishes that are mostly territorial.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store