totally shocked and confused

bikim420_2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
maine usa
picasaweb.google.com
ok i had 2 mating pair of convicts all 4 black n silver in 2 seperate tanks nothing else in the tanks at all , i have had no other fish have babies , the babies in each tank were getting big so i got a net scooped out most of them from both tanks and dumped them in a oscar tank the tank had 1 single oscar in it and no other fish. now after a few weeks the babies are much much bigger but to my amazment there is 1 baby that i feel stupid even saying this, but it is not a convict!!!!!!!!!!:WHOA: its got a long body and light stripes and blue fins i am so confused and in utter amazement. please look n tell me im not crazy! also please id it it sounds crazy but this is the gods honest truth!
theres also 1 other baby that came from same tanks of the breeding convicts thats pinkish yellow theres pics of it to. all 4 convict parents are black n silver :eek: .

rrr 001.jpg

rrr 003.jpg

rrr 008.jpg

rrr 011.jpg

utyhty 004.jpg

utyhty 007.jpg

utyhty 008.jpg

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Some sort of hybrid mbuna is my guess.Must have been mixed in with something you bought.

straitjacketstar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
www.instagram.com
I see a red zebra and a blue zebra. Both Metriaclima sp. Could be M. estherae and M. callainos or they could both be M. estherae of the Minos Reef variant of which males are blue and females are red.
Do you have mbuna in your home at all?

blkg35

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
homeless.......
Someone is probably playing a mean joke on you by throwing those guys in your tank......:grinno:

sour_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2006
Toronto
Maybe there was eggs in the net from the african tank and when you scooped out the convict babies they miraculously survived..

bikim420_2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
maine usa
picasaweb.google.com
nope that tanks in completly diff room i got 50 nets bunch in each room and about someone putting them in no only me n hubby n he hates fish and it was definatly a baby the tank with africans is 2 rooms away plus theres 40 in the african tank and i never seen agression eggs babies

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store