Grade AAA MM Ray vs Black Rays

Whats the cause of the recent AAA Marble Ray interest?

• In reaction to Black ray prices, etc.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Not related at all, people are just more aware of them now!

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Little bit of BOTH

Votes: 40 49.4%

• Total voters

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
One cant deny the recent upsurge and interest in Japanese Grade AAA Marble Rays, a term that is still NOT clearly defined.

Do you think that this recent interest is in reaction to the higher prices of black rays? Its not like Marble Motorros just became available all of the sudden.

:nilly:

stingray94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2007
Rhode Island
A grade AAA MM is going to cost the price of a black ray if not more so I don't think that it has to do with black ray prices at all.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
put a picture of each up gr8.... best to show what your talkin about...

Big Daves Rays

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2006
Seattle WA
stingray94;2618803; said:
A grade AAA MM is going to cost the price of a black ray if not more so I don't think that it has to do with black ray prices at all.
Hey maybe then I can pay for food, water and electricity......

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Marbles have ALWAYS been the holy grail to us broke arses that can't afford any of the banned rays (Blacks and Pearls).

Such beauty and individualism in every ray at an affordable (compared to above mentioned) price. What's not to love?

All of us that have always had them have always loved them.

All the hype recently is nothing more than a plan driven by the allmighty dollar.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
stingray94;2618803; said:
Wow!

Thats a pretty interesting statement, thou since theres no BAN on Marbles Im not sure I agree with you...

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
DB junkie;2618914; said:
Marbles have ALWAYS been the holy grail to us broke arses that can't afford any of the banned rays (Blacks and Pearls).

Such beauty and individualism in every ray at an affordable (compared to above mentioned) price. What's not to love?

All of us that have always had them have always loved them.

All the hype recently is nothing more than a plan driven by the allmighty dollar.
I agree. I think that ray interests often times lie in the look of the ray. These "AAA" marbles, or marbles period for that matter, are quite gorgeous and I think a good looking marble can ease the desire of the more financially inaccessible black rays...or at least curb the black ray interests a little. I personally still have a strong desire for leopoldi in light of acquiring some nice brown rays. One day though...one day....Just not today:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Marbles at this point in time are the best bang for your buck. If you keep your eye peeled and know what to look for in a ray that isnt fully developed, you can score a nice fish for as cheap as $2-300.

The REALLY nice marbles are more rare in the country then black rays IMO. All of the nice marbles seem to go directly to Asia. CB marbles IMO ALWAYS seem to be of "higher quality" then adults so domestic CB rays are probably your best bet for a fantastic marble.

I remember the marbles Brad (stingrayguy) use to bring in and man were they hot!

If marbles were banned instead of the blacks prices would be reversed for sure! IF prices were the same, I bet most "non ray" people would choose a nice marble over an average leo or henleii.

Pearls, even if they were the same price as MMs Id choose a MM 90% of the time!

Just my two cents.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store