New Rock work and New Fish

Juice79

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
ny
Here are some pics of my newly rearranged mixed African Tank. Its a 55g and for filtration I am running a Fluval 405, 2 AC 70's and 1 AC 70 Powerhead. Im not sure how much I like the Tufa stone on the right side yet, as it doesnt look natural, I may change it out for a pile of holey rock. Everyone is getting along great and one of my female red zebra's is already holding!!! Please let me know what you think...

Juice79

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
ny
I think it may just be the way I stacked it in the corner that I dont like.

mahemaheman85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
spokane
your gonna have some major stocking issues when your fish get some size on them

Juice79

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
ny
I plan on removing fish as needed

Juice79

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
ny
TheFanatic;2622606; said:
Looks great. Other than the stocking issues I see no problems at all....One thing tho, what are the cats pics 3 and 4? They look like Arius Jordani?
Yes they are Arius Jordani (Shark Cats). I know a few here locally that have kept them successfully with africans, so I picked up two of them. They are very active fish they never stop moving and they add a different color to the tank.

TheFanatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
St. Louis
www.grillinfool.com
Juice79;2622707; said:
Yes they are Arius Jordani (Shark Cats). I know a few here locally that have kept them successfully with africans, so I picked up two of them. They are very active fish they never stop moving and they add a different color to the tank.
Well then you are going to have some serious stocking problems eventually. Those things get to be a foot long or more.

There are TON of cool African Cats that can be put in there that don't get that big. In my tank I have 4 Multipunks and 2 Petricolors. They are all over the place. They tend to stay in the shadows more than the jordani but they are pretty mobile and when the food hits the tank they forget they don't like the light...

Juice79

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
ny
TheFanatic;2622758; said:
Well then you are going to have some serious stocking problems eventually. Those things get to be a foot long or more.

There are TON of cool African Cats that can be put in there that don't get that big. In my tank I have 4 Multipunks and 2 Petricolors. They are all over the place. They tend to stay in the shadows more than the jordani but they are pretty mobile and when the food hits the tank they forget they don't like the light...
I know exactly how big they get and my plan is when they reach a size that i feel is to big 6-7 inches I will take them out and donate them to someone who wants them. Then I will just get new juvi's again. I also plan on getting a much larger tank but in the event that I dont I can always take the fish out. Thats the beauty of this hobby, I can always add or remove fish as needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store