Compressiceps

coreyweinkoetz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2008
manitowoc,WI
anyone keeping or breeding A. Compressiceps or how about A. Calvus also any one breeding or keeping Dimidiochromis compressiceps????
I have Dim. Comps and am looking at getting A. Comps or A. Calvus not sure which would be easier to breed but I want to get two of the three going any ideas input or experience ???
Any info or pic's of setups would be helpful Thank's

MalawiTango

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
N Virginia
The A. Compressiceps are harder to breed than the Dimidio's because they eat their fry and the fry are extremely slow growers. I would say go for the D. Compressicep but they need alot of room to breed. I have a stunner that is coloring up in my tank nicely he can be seen in this vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1dCg-w78E&feature=channel_page

junglej

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2007
appleton,wi
i currently keep a 75 gallon with black calvus and they are a wonderful fish although they are nothing like your d. comps, my black calvus love their flowerpots which is where the breeding occurs, although you could use large shells or caves as well. My setup contains quite a bit of rockwork now which seems to be optimal. Water is hard with a ph of 9. here are some pics of one of my Cape Nangu comps and a 4" black calvus.

NSKIRK559

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2009
CA
Love the color on the comp!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store