"Crack" in glass tank

Stump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2008
Bichir Alley
Well, about two weeks ago, I noticed a little crack near the bottom, back corner of my aquarium. This crack went from the end of the back pane, through the silicone, to about 2-3" in. Well, needless to say I have been a bit nervous. The thought of water rushing down my hallway, down my stairs, and into my living room were making me a bit uneasy. I just told myself i'd watch it, and see if it gets any bigger, or starts leaking -- in which case I would invest in a rubbermaid until my warranty situation is settled. Well today, worrying again, I checked it out, and looked real good. I even touched it, and scratched at it, and to my disbelief, it started to come off on to my fingernails!:ROFL:

Ahhh.... Well, things like this just make me feel a bit "lighter". :grinno:

Just thought i'd share. Other's who think they may have a crack in their tank, make sure it doesn't rub off before you get too worried. :D

tylerperkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
wi
you are the best short bus driver i have ever had J/K thats awsome

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
lol. That's happened to me a few times.
Manufacturers get a little messy with the silicone sometimes.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Stump;2622516; said:
Well, about two weeks ago, I noticed a little crack near the bottom, back corner of my aquarium. This crack went from the end of the back pane, through the silicone, to about 2-3" in. Well, needless to say I have been a bit nervous. The thought of water rushing down my hallway, down my stairs, and into my living room were making me a bit uneasy. I just told myself i'd watch it, and see if it gets any bigger, or starts leaking -- in which case I would invest in a rubbermaid until my warranty situation is settled. Well today, worrying again, I checked it out, and looked real good. I even touched it, and scratched at it, and to my disbelief, it started to come off on to my fingernails!:ROFL:

Ahhh.... Well, things like this just make me feel a bit "lighter". :grinno:

Just thought i'd share. Other's who think they may have a crack in their tank, make sure it doesn't rub off before you get too worried. :D
I wish I could have scratched off the cracks in my two previous tanks :irked: (Floors shifted and broke one 55 ) And My corgi broke my when I was playing with him. Its all good though i got a 20 gallon to replace it with expensive lighting and filtration

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store