Dwarf Mbuna Species List

jhutch

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
New York
aquaticmadness.com
Labidochromis sp Hongi "Red Top Kimpuma" is a nice dwarf mbuna species as well. I wouldn't consider Labidochromis caeruleus to be a dwarf mbuna, IMO, because I have had large males reach upwards of 7". My Albino Lab male was just under 7". They dwarf the Dmasoni and Hongi for sure. My males were more than 2 times bigger than my adults of the true dwarf species like Demasoni and Hongi and even my Cobue they may have been 3 times bigger. Other than that it's a good list.

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
I woudnt call the labs or the socolofi dwarf,if those meet your criteria just about any mbuna would.
Add ps. saulosi
C. afra "white top hara"

gimmiks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2008
oc
are flavus considered dwarf i think they are nice ...

colinrobinson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2008
where all the fish are!
gimmiks;2637526; said:
are flavus considered dwarf i think they are nice ...
They are to an extent but it all depends on what and how much you feed them . As I have 5 females that are about three inches and are wild and tank raised but i only feed once a day and only hikari excel and spirulina flake. So there are factors to how big something will get.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
colinrobinson;2641941; said:
They are to an extent but it all depends on what and how much you feed them . As I have 5 females that are about three inches and are wild and tank raised but i only feed once a day and only hikari excel and spirulina flake. So there are factors to how big something will get.
I believe they are speaking strictly about classified dwarf species. The actual growth rate and size in home aquaria will vary with any species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store