"ammonia alert"

Vetteacher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2006
Tucson, Az. USA
I like it for an early warning system on some of my cycled tanks with the potential for spikes. I have had it detect fairly low levels between testings and it allowed me to address it before it became a problem. I would never replace regular testing with it though. It will beome less sensitive over time, so, yeah, you will want to replace the disk regularly.

DJ BIG T

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Orlando , FL
i went and got one but it doesnt work so i need to take it back when i get a chance....ill tell what seachem rocks with there stuff i use there prime and im getting ready to use there puigen for my filter...

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I have used it, and it works, but I agree that it isn't a substitute for testing.

GettingSassy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2006
Tucson, AZ
It's a very useful thing. It's definitely not meant to replace testing, but to give you a heads-up if something goes to crikey. I have one on my big tank, and I'm getting one for my smaller tank.

mickey85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
culver
Maybe I'm dumb...I stuck it on a 5.5G tank with totally fresh live rock, and even during the big ammonia spike, the little disk never changed color. That's with a brand new tester.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
GettingSassy said:
It's a very useful thing. It's definitely not meant to replace testing, but to give you a heads-up if something goes to crikey. I have one on my big tank, and I'm getting one for my smaller tank.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Crikey is an awesome word.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store