Morning Dats

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've noticed that my dats are most active in the morning.When I come down to feed them between the hours of seven and nine AM they are all over the tank,all five of them and in full coloration.Throughout the day they seem to be more subdued,even when I feed them again.Does anyone else notice if their tigers are more active during certain times of the day?

SovietFireExtinguisher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Canada
Mine seem to be the exact opposite of yours. Active the most when I turn the tank light off. There is still plenty of ambient light to see them, just not the overhead tank lights.

TCZeli

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
NJ
It is likely because your Dats know what's coming. They get excited because they know it's feeding time.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thats what I didnt mention,my tanks are in the basement and during the day I dont use the hood lights and rarely the ceiling lights.I can see them clearly enough with the sunlight through the windows.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
le patron;2637049; said:
My dats are inactive and don't swim around after:
1) They are Full Up
2) If I put net in water or move plants etc.
3) If room is dark , i.e. no lights in or out of tank

All other times, lights on or off, my Dats swim all over the place. Sometimes, I feed every other days or only 3 times a week, to encourage swimming around and displaying whilst waiting for food. Also, gives their tummy a rest.;)

I have noticed that, in ambient room light, Tigers also seem very comfortable and swim around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store