tropheus moori moliero

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Just a few photos of my first tropheus colony.Still pretty young so no breeding yet.But they are starting to show some nice color!21 of them in a 75g tank with crushed coral and some holey rock.
Got some from a friend that traveled almost 200 miles to give me a trade that heavily favored me,and facilitated another trade to boot!Great guy.and the rest from a friend on another site.Made the trip priority mail from cali no problem.

Feeding on NLS,veggie flake,duckweed and my own homemade fishfood.

JamesRiggs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2008
Huntsville,AL
Good looking babies, switch them to NLS and do big water changes and watch them explode. They are fast growers, my avatar is one of my moliro. How many do you have in total?

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
My homemade fishfood is a variation on the european shrimp mix with the veggies doubled and spirulena added so it shouldnt be a problem.
Ive had them since september and yea the growth is alot more than any other tang cichlids Ive kept.

BioG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2008
Utah
here's my only moliro but he's a beauty, I have been accused of photo shop on this one but that's giving me too much computer credit. I promise this is what he looks like day to day. He's about 3.5"
[/IMG]

2poc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Ireland
I keep a group of moliro myself, lovely fish. I should be stripping some fry end of this month.

That fish in the pic above is a stunner.. Doesn't look like a moliro to me though..
The stripes in the juveniles in the top pic are juvenile/fright colours.
The adults are dark red with a lighter red blaze near the tail but show stripes if frightened.

Don't know what that fish is above but my God.. Such colour...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store