Be All, End All Tank for Peacocks

waytoodeep03

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2009
florida
What size tank should I be looking for to house about 15 male peacocks for life?

Also what is the favorite lighting system around here for cichlids?

Note: I was looking the acrylic route for added security since I pay rent so alot of high output lights wont work for an acrylic top or it will bow.

cchhcc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA USA
Lights don't really matter unless you have live plants to concern yourself with. The new LED strips are great for general use.

I think you need something like an eight foot tank for 15 peacocks.

MalawiTango

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
N Virginia
I definitely recommend a 6ft tank. If you have the space and budget a 180G would be an awesome tank for them. Ive had good results with Coralife 50/50 bulbs in a regular light strip. Yep my old acrylic tank bowed when I had T5 lights sitting on top.

Eric the Ricer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Alexandria, VA
I've got a 700sqft apartment on the ground floor (basement/storage underneath me). I want a 150 but I'm scared I'll crash through the floor haha. I currently have a 55, but am anxiously waiting to upgrade. I've got about 16 fish in my tank right now

MyJohnson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2008
Houston
cchhcc;2650599; said:
Lights don't really matter unless you have live plants to concern yourself with. The new LED strips are great for general use.

I think you need something like an eight foot tank for 15 peacocks.
Man, those must be some big monster peacocks.....15 in a 8 footer.

It's true light doesn't matter....unless you care how your fish looks. Light can hinder or enhance their color.

Eric the Ricer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Invest in a nice light for sure. To me, thats what makes or breaks a tank. Actinic light FTW!
Before Actinic, just two cheapo bulbs:

With an Actinic bulb, and a aqua-glo 10k I believe:

sascythe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
northern ohio
yea im about in the same situation with apartment on first floor but if u want a bigger tank just make sure you put it where all the support is at. deffinently up against a support wall or something. if u put in the center of the room it would deffinently collapse or sag the floor.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store