New to Forum - Cichlid Tank

sutherland

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2009
Las Vegas
Hi All,

New to the forum, decided to share my new aquarium! I'm mainly a Betta guy (have two 5 gallon tanks, a male halfmoon in one and a male crowntail in the other), but after acquiring a 37 gallon tank...well, you can see what I got myself into.

It was initially supposed to be a community tank, but after purchasing the wrong fine substrate (aragonite), I began considering African Cichlids (an awesome choice)..

The tank is absolutely fine for the time being, and the Johanni and Labs seem to get along great (for now...). Currently, I have two Penguin 200s and a Stealth heater....and loads of lava rock cave.

The few straggling Danios are remaining from the tank cycle and are so far doing quite well evading the cichlids. I would like to add a Bristlenose Pleco to the tank, anyone have any other suggestions?

orbit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
Michigan
Welcome to MFK! You're love for fish will grow and so will you're tank sizes. lol

I have to say that first pic looks to me like a POTM potential! Might consider it?!

Only advice I can give you with any of this is watch those africans with algae eaters... For some reason the africans like to pick and pick and pick on them. Until they pleco is dead.

sutherland

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2009
Las Vegas
Thanks all! These guys are certainly a blast to watch and have a wonderful character. I'll keep the Cuckoo Cats in mind, but they are on the steeper side of the price scale. Hmmm...perhaps my LFS can order in at a better price?

sutherland

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2009
Las Vegas
Thanks! I'm already excited at the thought of more tanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store