Astatotilapia aneocolor Lake Albert ( Haplochromis sp. Yello

vinman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bx, NY
I like these little guys they spawn about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks after you strip the female. I wait about 5 or 6 days to strip her . They dont grow big about 3 inches here are some pics. perfict for a 30 gal long tank. I used one male for the first clutch for each female. Then I used the male in the pics with the female that is holding. I took him out and just put 2 new males in th tank today. I want to switch the males to keep from being inbred. The wholesaler/breeder has 2 colony's of them. I bought 8 of them ,lost 2 males, sold one and have 3 left. I'm going to keep all the babies and grow them out, keep the females and buy some males from diffrent clutches from the wholesaler/breeder and keep using different males for a few generations. I'm selling off the breeder females with one of the males. While they are here I will just use different males to breed them to untill some buys them.

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
Sweet man! Aenocolors are a very beautiful species of victorians. You are very lucky to own such awesome fish. I have been looking for a small group to start out with after seeing some aenocolors on a different forum. How much are you selling the group?

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Great to see some more Vics on here...Nice fish!!!

vinman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bx, NY
tydus;2661223; said:
Sweet man! Aenocolors are a very beautiful species of victorians. You are very lucky to own such awesome fish. I have been looking for a small group to start out with after seeing some aenocolors on a different forum. How much are you selling the group?

one of the females I striped on the 12/29/08 and spawned again 1/11/09. here is the forsale link. if you like another extra male it is 10 bucks more

http://cichlidkeepers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=489

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store