wild caught yellow labs

Danscichlids88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2008
United States
Im going to buy a wild cought yellow lab. they are at my LFS for 35 bucks 2 to 3 inches. they are awsome looking really bright colors best looking yellow labs Ive ever seen does 35 soud fair for wild caught that size if they can sex them maybe ill get a male and female. I cant tell the difference in sex though.

Iafishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I would snatch them up.. If you decide you don't want them... shoot me a pm of the store and maybe their contact info.

I am actually wanting a wild pair of yellow labs.

Good luck.. if you get them take some pics.

Danscichlids88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2008
United States
Iafishkeeper;2664626; said:
I would snatch them up.. If you decide you don't want them... shoot me a pm of the store and maybe their contact info.

I am actually wanting a wild pair of yellow labs.

Good luck.. if you get them take some pics.
PM sent ill get those pics posted when I get back I hope they still have them.

cudatim68

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2008
Upstate New York
Good find.....to sex yellow labs the males always have the black dorsal fin....that looks like a black zipper. I've got some beautiful yellow labs (Labidochromis Caeruleus), but there not wild caught, stunning colors though for around $6.00 a fish.
If you could get one male and a couple of female you might get some nice "pure" fry.

cudatim68

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2008
Upstate New York
Actually i should have said they both have black dorsal fins but the males are almost solid black.

Danscichlids88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2008
United States
cudatim68;2664734; said:
Good find.....to sex yellow labs the males always have the black dorsal fin....that looks like a black zipper. I've got some beautiful yellow labs (Labidochromis Caeruleus), but there not wild caught, stunning colors though for around $6.00 a fish.
If you could get one male and a couple of female you might get some nice "pure" fry.
ill only get 2 at the most 35 bucks a peice will empty my wallet if I get several it would be some nice side money if they would breed.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Thats odd, I almost never hear of wild caught labs. They are small still? I wold figure that they would be adults. PM this store information to be if you can as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store