Bacteria affecting new rays

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
Was reading Brents thread on stingrays twitching and being caused by bacteria. I just wanted to confirm with Mike and anyone else who knows if this is the signs.

bacteria1.jpg

biting1.jpg

biting 2.jpg

biting 3.jpg

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
i see no reason to be concerend on your rays... .

hmoobvwj

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
WISCONSIN
^^^^^ I also see no reason wrong with them at all...mine old pair of retics use to do that too but they were feeding and acting normal...maybe it's just a ray thing. :D

hmoobvwj

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
WISCONSIN
Water parameters? Temp? Any new fish or anything new to the tank?

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
All things are fine in the tank except they are new arrivals. They were fine the first couple weeks but in the last couple weeks seem to be developing a disk rot looking thing

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
i had a leo pup become infected by a fresh import and the disc underside looked like yours and contiuned to get worse..i would say you have a bacterial infestion around the disc..whats mike say? nice ray though!

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
cjfrontlovr;2672706; said:
i had a leo pup become infected by a fresh import and the disc underside looked like yours and contiuned to get worse..i would say you have a bacterial infestion around the disc..whats mike say? nice ray though!
What was your treatment for it? Did your rays continue to eat during the treatment. I have one skinny ray with my new ones and is not eating properly yet, so I'm a little worried. Did yur ray heal properly or did it leave marks. Thanks for the nice ray comment, hopefully it stays that way

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
lots of salt..also tried praizi,melafix and pimafix..dont know which eventually solved it but he's fine now..the fresh import didnt survive however..:(

csx4236

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
USA
You better believe you have the same problem as Brent for sure, raise temp to 90 add 4 lbs per 100 gallons three days after get temp up and add binox of you can get it. Ow yeah most import part REMOVE ALL YOUR SUBSTRATE ASAP as the bacteria lives in there and will not go away until it's removed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store