Keeping Calvus with Leleupi?

MalawiTango

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
N Virginia
Hey guys I have a 45G tank im setting up and I was wondering what your experiences have been keeping these together. I know Leleupis are aggresive towards each other but what about towards Calvus'? The tank has a 36x12 footprint and will have lots of rocks/caves.

Pittbull

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Louisville Kentucky
I currently keep 7 Calvus and 6 Lelupi in a 120gal along with other Tangs my Calvus really don't take too much crap from anyone in this tank..

With that size of tank and plenty of rock space shouldn't be an issue.. Just as mike said the Calvus are excellent fry eaters..

johnpeezy

Feeder Fish
Nov 17, 2008
Federal Way
Pittbull@MFK;2677180; said:
I currently keep 7 Calvus and 6 Lelupi in a 120gal along with other Tangs my Calvus really don't take too much crap from anyone in this tank..

With that size of tank and plenty of rock space shouldn't be an issue.. Just as mike said the Calvus are excellent fry eaters..
Mine aren't...

I have about 150 babies in my cichlid tank right now.

I must have some sort of rare vegitarian calvus, they tear into my spirlina flake and leave the babies alone.

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
Watch out for a Leleupi pair forming, they can be tough parents.

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Ill let you know,I have 6 of each growing out in a 40 breeder right now.Really nice line of black calvus and blindingly bright lelupi!Cant wait to see them grow.Ill move them to a bigger tank as they grow

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store