frontosa price

Firemouth1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
New England
When i was at my local fish store today i stumbled a pong a beautiful frontosa, very dark coloring and from eyeballing it i would say hes about 9 or 10 inches, he also had a little hump. The guy at the fish store said he would sell him for 70 dollars. Is that a good price for that size frontosa, i was seriously thinking about buying him, Ive never seen one bigger then 2 or 3 inches in my area and Ive heard there extremely slow growers.

he looked similar to this, probable a little lighter in color, the tank lights were pretty dim and probable through it off a bit.

Blue_Zaire.jpg

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
in my hood, fronts at 2 to 3 inches cost $25.00. It's supply and demand, and how often they can get it.

halfmoon_bay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2008
Oakdale
if he looks like that guy go for it... and if he doesnt after you buy him then, well you still have a frontosa...which varient I wouldn't know unless I see pix... the pix above are zaire which can be either kapampa, moba, kitumba, mikula... good luck

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
If he has a eye "mask" (like the fish in the pic) instead of a vertical eye "stripe" then i would get it if you have a nice tank for it. Keep in mind they are not very aggressive and are often bullied by other cichlids. The ones with the eyestriipe are burundi type and are more common and often cheaper, it will be obvious if it does have stripe, it will have a vertical black stripe that goes from the top of head through the eye and down to the bottom of the jaw. Masks will look like the pic you included, kind of like zorro or lone ranger. Its a good price for that sized fish, especially any with a mask. Burundi with eye stripe i would try to get them to come down ten to twenty bucks .

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
i used to have a 230 where i had a kigoma i think and he was killer beautiful

i would say bang for buck get that fish but make sure you have atank where it wont be bullied

try to see if they will sell it to you for 50 pull out a fifty an ask them if they would sell it to you for that give them the i love this fish story but im short on cash might save you 20 bucks

i jsut picked up 7 2-3 inch burundi fronts and set up a 75g for them they are with two angels an some tetras ill post pics later

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store