My dats are great when the lights go out.....

canufeelme

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
Yucaipa, CA - The 909
why is it that when my lights go out at night my dats color back up and are super active? They have always been this way but I assumed after 4 months they would be more active during the day. They turn black and lay on the sand. Moving very little and slowly. What can i do? They are so awesome to have.

Thanks

Nick

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
Since they like the dark you could reduce the amount of lighting you have during the day and give them some plants and places to hide. Sounds like they could be stressed out during the day. Why?

canufeelme

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
Yucaipa, CA - The 909
I just turned off my right side light where they were laying and after a couple min they got up and swim around and are great color again. I just dont get it. I had plants but my other fish ate them.

FishPower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
LosAngeles
my ITs do the same exact thing...never could figure it out.

maybe the lights are to bright? if you find a solution let me know =]

canufeelme

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
Yucaipa, CA - The 909
man that sucks i hate that they are that way. everyone asks me if they are going to die. im like nah you should see them at night. stupid dats lol. they get me super props when ppl see them with their sweet coloring but thats rare.

Monolicious

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
ON MFK
My Dat used to do the exact same thing, It has taken him just over 1 year to be comfortable with his tank and surroundings he is now always colored up.

Just be patient with them bro

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Use subdued lighting. Only illuminate say 70% of the tank, by using a shorter flourescent tube.
Tigers can take a long time to settle in, before they are active and swimming freely around.

Ians aro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
my IT wouldn't stable up until water changes were done. i just added a UV sterilizer to the tank and now he's a lot more stable. Maybe better water quality made it happier. how often do you maintain your tank?

canufeelme

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
Yucaipa, CA - The 909
i was doing water changes every week, but i moved into a home im fixing up so the changes have been less often, but their stability hasnt changed. I know I gotta get back in the routine, just tough when im busy with the home.

I pushed my lights the other other end of the tank so it leaves about 2ft without light directly over it. they seem to be a little better.

I just work on my water change routine and continue with them as i have been. I just wanted to make sure i wasnt alone in this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store