Info on lamprologus caudopuntatus red fin

ihavegills

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2008
fishers, indiana
Looking for some information on the lamprologus caudopuntatus red fin. I have three, but have had little luck learining about them from internet searches. Interested in diet, breeding, temperment, preferred aquarium setups, etc.

Appreciate any information provided.

Thanks

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
same as yellow fin, not really shellies but really easy to breed in them. I have a group of yellows that I am hoping will breed now that my females are larger.

I feed NLS

Pittbull

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Louisville Kentucky
Yeah i just received the yellow fins as well they are about an inch maybe inch and a half 7 of them total..

So far mine like going in and out of shells but i read that this is ok when their captive kept as for feedings i feed mine HBH spirulina and Omega one cichlid flakes with the mix up of live brine and frozen foods on the occassion all seems well for now..

Can you post a photo so i can see them, my photos of my punc's are in the shell dweller thread towards the end of thread.. later..

junglej

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2007
appleton,wi
Redfin care is the same as the yellow. They are cave brooders by nature and brood size is generally around 75. Males get8cm, with females reaching 7. Thay like a sandy substrate to dig in, and can be kept in pairs or small groups. A pair can be kept in a 20g tank. There is also a L. caudopunctatus "kipili" which can only be kept in pairs, but can be otherwise kept similarly.

ihavegills

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2008
fishers, indiana
I believe that mine are also yellow fin, since the dorsal fins are yellow. They also have awesome blue diamond like eyes. The guy are bought them off called them "red fin" which made me wonder since fins are yellow. From what I have viewed thus far, they seem to have a good temerment. When challenged they will raise their body up from behind and point there nose straight down, and display there grayish stipes. I have also noticed that they spend a lot of time mid level in the tank hovering over sevarl rocky areas. I have been feeding them NLS, and vegetable flake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store