is my new dat ok

jdmkid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2009
dublin
so i just bought a dat yesterday, and it was swimming around a little and the got chased around by another fish but no nips. But no he has been hiding behind the hob filter all day, and im worried that if he keeps it up he mite not eat. he is also loosing his color on his stripes but im assuming thats from being scared because he had nice stripes then they went away on the way home, and then came back and now gone. so hopefully he will be ok in a day or two. also the store had him on feeders and i feed my other fish krill, freeze dried bloodworms, chiclid gold pelets.

BRYANT

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2008
HU$$$TLIN
Dats are really shy. Yours is normal the way it is. Provide driftwood and other hiding spots for it. He's unstable right now, getting dark and the stripes are less visible. Also get it on prepared food such as the foods you mentioned that you feed your other fish. Don't give in to feeders.

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
He is probably fine. Its going to take more than a day or two before he settles in. It might take weeks, it might take months. GL
;)

jdmkid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2009
dublin
allright thanks, ill keep you guys updated if he does anything else, i also read the thread about people saying the lights were making there dats colors wierd so i turned the lights off on his side. also what do people mean but the at ts or whatever abreviations when describing dats

BRYANT

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2008
HU$$$TLIN
jdmkid;2700338; said:
allright thanks, ill keep you guys updated if he does anything else, i also read the thread about people saying the lights were making there dats colors wierd so i turned the lights off on his side. also what do people mean but the at ts or whatever abreviations when describing dats
There are different kinds of dats. The abbreviations are for each type:
ST = Siamese Tiger
IT = Indonesian Tiger
NTT = Northern Thailand Tiger
AT = American Tiger
NGT = Northern Guinea Tiger

jdmkid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2009
dublin
BRYANT MONSTER;2700430; said:
There are different kinds of dats. The abbreviations are for each type:
ST = Siamese Tiger
IT = Indonesian Tiger
NTT = Northern Thailand Tiger
AT = American Tiger
NGT = Northern Guinea Tiger
thank any idea what mine could be i think they called it a gold tiger, or would i need to put a picture

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
It's probably an IT or maybe a NTT. Pics would help us ID it better for you.

jdmkid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2009
dublin
benzjamin13;2702095; said:
It's probably an IT or maybe a NTT. Pics would help us ID it better for you.
thanks ill try and get pics when he comes out of hiding

i dont think its and indo, because i was at a store that had an indonesian and it doesnt look like what i got, also the indo was like 90 mine was listed for 60 but got it for 45

jdmkid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2009
dublin
so ive been trying to drop food by my datnoid when he comes out of hiding and moves but hes not taking anything, how long should i wait before i need to worry about him not eating?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store