My Dats Havent come out of Hidding?

LouieV

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2008
Queens NYC
I dont know whats going on..I purchased 2 Dats last Tuesday, and they are healthy and all except a lil ick when I got them but all in all they have been hidding all the time..They are with 2 Bass a Giant Parrot Fish a couple of geo's I mean I got rid of my two Pike for them not to get harrased and they still hidding..I had to PLACE food by thier cave for them to eat if not I think they will starve..is this normal??

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
take out the cave

unless they have not eaten for 2 months they wont stave

LouieV

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2008
Queens NYC
T1KARMANN;2756622;2756622 said:
take out the cave

unless they have not eaten for 2 months they wont stave
thanks man...imm going to do that!!!

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Keeping my tank with only dim lighting worked for me.

My thin bar comes out frequently, but does hide in the caves once in a while.

LouieV

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2008
Queens NYC
yea..looking at them on youtube had me amped but so far im a bit disapointed..such beautiful fishes and so shy...lol..well im going to buy 2 more on tuesday so they feel a little bit more at ease..and trust me here in NYC Datnoids are an expensive hobby..lol

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
dim light or no light works. my dats are very active when the lights are off.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
I was a little disappointed too at first when I got my NTT because he would hide, but he comes out a lot, but you have to understand that young dats want to feel safe from bigger fish.

That's part of the reward with dats, let them hide, take good care of them, and they grow into big awesome fish! :)

LouieV

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2008
Queens NYC
yea.. I Love them that why Im buying two more.. then maybe another 3 then 4 then 5..oh hell its good to dream...(about the 5!) lol

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
i had 5 just got rid of 4 2 AT's and 2 indos i kept my little 2" wide bar. he was the only one that kept his color. but i have a 120 gallon with 3 top lights and i took the middle light and doubled up on the left side. the middle stays dark with a huge piece of drift wood that cost 70 bucks. the dats always stayed in the middle but they came out alot too. and the left side has alot of water lettuce and swords and the little one stays over there alot. he thinks the plants camoflage him.

LouieV

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2008
Queens NYC
cool! lol..I know, I dont want to go bare in my tank just to see them..Im thinking they are going to grow more and not going to be able to fit in the caves and driftwood..so eventually they are going to have to swim around.. no pressure I guess..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store