Interesting read

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
That is always a good read but it should be mentioned that it is somewhat out of date in some areas. Especially the Hybrid stuff...(It has after all not been updated for 6 years) A few other things such as Diet of Spotteds is a bit out of date also. Diet is not equal throughout the full range. (Neither is habitat) It is suspected this may be the case with Shortnose as well between northern and southern distribution. In all reality we are still learning a lot and even more details have emerged on many of these things.

Not really the fault of Bob or Jamie it is not more up to date. GASS site has just been slow to update older stuff as few have sent things in for updates.. Still good stuff always coming up on the site and they will get my dues (That are not required) every year without fail!!!!!!

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
very interesting =D thx for the article

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Polypterus;2759096; said:
That is always a good read but it should be mentioned that it is somewhat out of date in some areas. Especially the Hybrid stuff...(It has after all not been updated for 6 years) A few other things such as Diet of Spotteds is a bit out of date also. Diet is not equal throughout the full range. (Neither is habitat) It is suspected this may be the case with Shortnose as well between northern and southern distribution. In all reality we are still learning a lot and even more details have emerged on many of these things.

Not really the fault of Bob or Jamie it is not more up to date. GASS site has just been slow to update older stuff as few have sent things in for updates.. Still good stuff always coming up on the site and they will get my dues (That are not required) every year without fail!!!!!!
definitely agree wholeheartedly. you should submit a pic or two from field season...i've got two up in the gallery (spot & gator), haha.

i'll send a message to bill in the near future so we can put together a new article for the site after the coming field season (i'm sure we can discuss this further at a meeting).--
--solomon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store